Since the founding of the club in 1969, we have seen the Dallas Running Club grow from 20 members to over 3,500 members. We do not skimp when it comes to benefits for our members. We offer free club races with chip timing and post-race food, discounts on our three signature races, and discounts at local athletic retail stores. But the greatest benefit received by our members is meeting other people who share your passion and energy for running, walking or other exercise activities, which usually leads to life-long friendships.
- Free-to-Members Club Races The free to members club races differ in distances, from a 5K, 4 miles, 10K (6.2 miles) or looping White Rock Lake for a total of 15K (9.1 miles). Most club races also feature a 1 mile time trial race in addition to the featured distance(s).
- Discounts on Three Signature DRC Races each year Discounts offered to our members on the three Signature races, which include Trinity River Levee Run in March, the White Rock n' Roll 5 miles and 10 miles in May, and the DRC Half Marathon in November.
- Members can participate in our inexpensive training programs including a program geared to train for a half, full or ultra marathon.
- Social events throughout the year including our annual summer picnic, breakfast at the September club race, and a holiday party in December.
- Social runs for DRC members, their running family members and friends.
- Discounts at Local Running Stores and Other Retail Outlets. All new members receive a one-time 15% off coupon for RunOn! and Luke’s Locker. Luke's as well as a few others (including White Rock Bike Mart) offer a 10% discount to members all year.
- Two monthly DRC email newsletters to inform them of upcoming DRC races, events and news.
- Volunteer Opportunities - Whenever you wish to take a break from running to help us and others.