Social / Upcoming Events
In addition to offering events, races, discounts and our "members-only" website, our best benefit is intangible — the chance to make new friends. Some of the nicest people you will ever meet will be running alongside you with smiling faces and encouraging phrases!
Annual Social Events
If you are a new member, this is a great opportunity to meet other members and may even discover a future training buddy! For long-time members, it is a chance to reconnect and catch up on the lives of your fellow members!
- Summer Picnic
- DRC Annual Meeting and Holiday Party in December
DRC members often post informal social runs and events in the DRC Facebook page or on Twitter using @DallasRunClub and #Dallas #running. Feel free to organize and post an informal social run or event there too.
Upcoming Social Runs
Save these dates! These social events are sure to be a blast!
- May 9 at 1 p.m., Foam Rolling Class. Personal trainer, Faryn Schwartz, will be giving a foam rolling class to DRC members. Come learn how to properly give your legs the TLC they need to get you to the finish line! Location: Park Cities YMCA, 6030 Luther Lane, Suite 180, Dallas, TX 75225
- May 21 at 7 p.m., Social Run @ The LOT. This is a great opportunity for beginning runners to run/walk 3 miles with us, new club members to meet other club members, and non-members to experience what DRC is all about!
- June 3, National Running Day (details TBD)
- June 13 at 2 p.m., Cycling and Triathlon Q & A Session @ Playtri Mockingbird. Do you wish to start cycling to cross train? Are you curious about triathlons? James Rahbany with Playtri will answer your questions and share invaluable tips.
Use #DRCsocial in related posts and tweets.